Wednesday 22 July 2015

A Dream Girl Project



It was more than challenging to give harmonies in every song. You have to zone yourself out completely and then sing on an entirely different note.



BBA student in her third year doing double majors from Lahore School of Economics, Amna Imtiaz is a vocalist and can also play a little bit of piano. She started experimenting with music back in grade 5 when her school teachers spotted the talent in her. This impressive young lady has an equally impressive sister, also a classically trained singer, who has been her music teacher all along. Not to ambitious, Amna stays grounded but does plan on hitting the music industry with my original compositions. So happened one fine day, as casually as it could get, she 'entered Nescafe Basement by simply inboxing Xulfi bhai' her cover songs.



1- How does it look from the seat of a backing vocalist? How hard or important is your job?
It was more than challenging to give harmonies in every song. You have to zone yourself out completely and then sing on an entirely different note. Xulfi bhai made the job quite easy but it took us a lot of effort to fine tune our notes.


2- How do your parents feel about both their daughters in the singing profession? How has been the support from family? Are there any hesitations or condition attached to what you guys do?

My family has been extremely supportive especially my sisters. There were times when I would simply reject any collaborations just because I was too shy! My elder sister would literally push me into it and force me to take up any venture, Nescafe Basement too. The only condition is that I refrain from appearing on TV but I am hoping this condition relaxes with time too.


3- Who inspired you to learn music at such a young age?

My sister is a classically trained singer and she has been my biggest inspiration in learning music. In fact, she has taught me some of my favourite ghazals and old classics.


4- Can we expect collaboration with your sister soon?

Any day... nothing better than singing with my first ever mentor! 




Season 3 in a Go

Best range? Hamza Tanveer
Most artistic? Usman Sheikh
The sharpest one? Sharoon Leo
Most surprising? Arsalan Hasan
Most laid back? Sibra and all the way
Most reliable? Usman Sheikh
Most fun? Bilawal Lahooti
Most shy?  Sherry Khattak
Most serious? Melvin
Most mischievous? Almost all the boys would prank each other
Most emotional? Sibtain Khalid
Most mature? Arfa Chaudhary
Someone you’re sure is going to make it big in future?  Parizae and Usman  



No comments:

Post a Comment