Thursday 23 July 2015

The Next Myles Kennedy

People have been immensely supportive after Nescafe Basement and a good positive feedback is enough for a musician to keep moving on.

The full of life, rock music enthusiast is already out there living his dreams.He sings, plays in a band, Overdose (including Bilawal Lahooti, a Nescafe basement Alum and truly magical on drums), has performed at a number of concerts, produces music at Neon Studios an the list just goes on. It all started for the multi-talented rock star when he asked to be gifted a guitar after obtaining good grades and he hasn't looked back since! Here, he shares what its like to have his heart set on a kind of music that is still looked down upon in many circles.


1- Why choose electric guitar of all instruments?
Well, I was asked by Zulfi to play electric guitars, I guess judging what I use to do in my songs were mainly electric guitar parts that made the song more interesting which I think he needed from me to contribute.

2- In an age where rock music lacks support and appreciation, what urged you towards it and towards making a band based on such music?
I have always been a rock fan and  unfortunately, I know people here don't even consider 'rock singers' even though it needs a lot of exercise and stamina to pull off that kind of singing! But I feel that's the beauty of being a part of such a show; you can pretty much do whatever you want to without any boundaries and I just don't want to be one of those people who give up just for the sake of some harsh criticism. I will carry on for sure!

3- What problems did you face when starting to pursue rock music? Has there also been support and appreciation?
Making music in such a genre is tricky as it is not easily accepted and digested here but I tend to make it as easy for the audience as possible so that they can easily relate to it. People have been immensely supportive after Nescafe Basement and a good positive feedback is enough for a musician to keep moving on.

4- How has Nescafe Basement helped you? Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
Nescafe has basically showcased us as artists and musicians which is all a musician these days needs. I am sure it's the best initiative taken in years. In five years I would definitely be producing more music!






Season 3 in a Go

Best range? Altamash
Most artistic? Zulfi bhai
The sharpest one? Arsalan
Most surprising? Hamza
Most laid back? Bilawal
Most reliable? Sharoon
Most fun? Bilawal
Most shy? Arfa
Most serious? Hassan
Most mischievous? Bilawal
Most emotional? Sibtain
Most mature? Hassan
Someone you’re sure is going to make it big in future? Sharoon



No comments:

Post a Comment