Wednesday 25 March 2015

The Wonder Boy - Jahan - E - Khalid


Jahan – e – Khalid is not a new name for anyone who is even slightly educated about the fashion industry. Certainly not after this handsome young lad was nominated and won for the Best Male Model last year at the 2nd Hum Tv Awards. Keeping up the quality of work that is almost guaranteed with his name, he has managed to get yet another nomination.
TOS catches up with the wonder boy for some quick questions

SSK: You have been nominated for the Best Male Model award at this year’s Hum Tv. How do you feel?

J.K: I am grateful and humbled for the honour and feeling enthralled and excited like the previous year when I won this prestigious award.

SSK: Who do you think is going to win this year? What do you have to say about your fellow nominees?

J.K: I literally have no idea as all the nominees truly deserve to be there. All the fellow nominees are doing fabulous and promoting Pakistani Fashion Industry to global scale through sheer hard work dedication and commitment towards the profession. Rest I wish all of them good luck – May the best man win!

SSK: What do you think it takes to become the best model?

J.K:  Sheer discipline, perseverance, hard work, honesty and determination along with the belief in yourself & Allah Almighty that he will pave one's way to success and becoming one of the best.

SSK: What do you plan to do, should you win?

J.K: I’ll celebrate my success with my family close friends, colleagues and few diehard fans. I’m looking forward to organizing a success party if I’ll be grabbing the trophy.

SSK: What do you consider your best work yet?

J.K: It’s always hard to pick one from my extensive and diversified body of work yet ill choose Republic by Omer Farooq- Fall Campaign 2012 shot by Abdullah Haris.

Khalid for Republic by Omer Farooq
SSK: What projects do you have lined up in the future? Any shift in fields? May be try out acting soon..?

J.K: Well few interesting projects in the pipeline include Telenor Fashion Pakistan Week in Karachi – PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week in Lahore – Spring/Summer Campaign for Forestblu & Shahnameh and couple of high fashion editorial campaigns for ace designers. Shift in fields is on the cards and I am looking forward to acting, considering there is a right script & team to work with.

SSK: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

J.K: I have achieved loads in a very short span of time. Right from winning an award for Best Male Model of the year to representing Pakistan at an International Fashion Week and being a Brand Ambassador of an International Brand, these were all dreams come true. Yet I want to work more at an international level unveiling my true potential and making Pakistan proud. I am looking forward to improving modeling standards in Pakistan by teaching and guiding aspiring individuals through modeling and grooming courses. Not only this, I will try my level best to groom our nation and being an educationist and having prior experience in the field of education I might come up with a subject/course at grassroot level (Schools, Colleges, Universities etc). I see myself as an Entrepreneur cum Super Model cum Actor in next five years.

SSK: Any message for your fans?

J.K: My fans are my really precious for me as whatever I am today is because of them. Their sincere support, unconditional love and heartiest well wishes have always motivated me to keep on working to my limits and give my best each and every time. I love them equally and my prayers are always with them. Thank you all and stay blessed!

SSK

No comments:

Post a Comment