Friday 14 August 2015

Little Miss MUA of the Week - Shiza Osama




I aspire to learn more and more about the make-up world and never stop as this is not only my passion but a dream that is gradually turning a reality MashaAllah!


I have known Shiza Osama for about six years now and have been friends with her for about three. Even when we were just acquaintances, I always know this 22-year-old super efficient girl to be an ardent make-up enthusiast and always highly well groomed. Today, she has been married for a year now but that has not slowed her down one bit. In fact after completing her graduation she went on to start her own blog where she posted her swoon-worthy make-up looks and soon set up a small area at home where she can take in clients. She has also acquired a basic-to-advance make-up artistry course certificate from the talented Zara Imtiaz. Nail arts, make-up, hair styling, grooming tips, you name it and Shiza is there to help you. 


How long have been doing make-up for? How did you start?
I have loved make-up ever since I was a child. I would see my mother with envy when she would use all those gorgeous lipsticks and liners! *laugh* The moment I got done with my studies and got married I knew that I wanted to step in to the beauty world professionally. My family, friends and my husband were very supportive and encouraged me to do so and it was then that I enrolled myself in a course at Zara Imtiaz, my guru! It turned out to be an amazing experience and I have learned a lot from her. It has been six months since then and I am really happy with the flow of clients and most of all the appreciation, MashaAllah.

What problems did you have to face to establish an entrepreneurial setup to practice your skills?
At the moment, space is a little problem as I am working from a bedroom studio. But I have major plans by the end of next year, InshaAllah. Rest, all you need is patience.

What proper avenues do you think girls need to learn the craft and become a professional? Are the channels lacking here?
I think proper make-up courses can do wonders only if you have some prior knowledge yourself. I personally learned a lot from Youtube make-up artists such as Carli Bybel, Chloe Morello, Makep-up by Evon, Maya Mia, Saleha Abbasi etc. It is always better to practice and learn first at home and then join a training program. Although, I do believe that we lack proper make-up artistry schools in Pakistan. 

What are the perks and perils of styling clients at home?
Working from home, I have time for my family, my husband and my home as well as I can pursue my dream of styling. I don't have to think about problems such as conveyance.
A set back is that it can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable for me to entertain people I don't know and invite them in to my place. 

How important is the role of social media in promoting talent? Does it also expose you to a lot of harshness?
Social media plays a very important role when it comes to promoting your work but cyber bullying and harshness are also a part of it and you do get exposed to a lot of senseless people! I don't get a large amount of negative comments luckily but the best policy is to ignore if I do.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
A decade down the line, I would like to own a beautiful make-up studio that also has all the facilities of a good salon and spa.

What advice would you like to give to young girls who want to become make-up artists and hair stylists?
Follow your dreams and work hard on achieving what you believe. Nothing can make you as happy as achieving the things that you have wished and yearned for. Best of luck!


Short & Simple 

Your biggest inspiration? 
Kate Middleton, Saleha Abbasi, Huda Beauty, Anastasia Beverly Hills and Charlotte Tilbury 

Best fall/winter routine for skin?
Drinking lots of water and moisturising the skin.

Best fall/winter routine for hair?
Oiling all the way!

Someone you would love to work with?  
I would love to work as a professional make-up artist for MAC, Maybelline or L'Oreal. It would be amazing if I get to style Alia Bhatt, Katrina Kaif, Mahira Khan and Kate Middleton. 

Someone you would love to be styled by?
Kate Middleton herself. Just cant get enough of her amazing styling sense!

Biggest dream?
Their are just so many but I guess to be a perfect wife, mom, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law and owning my own make-up studio one day.

Proudest/most memorable moment?
When ever I make my family proud of my achievements.

If you had to choose anything else other than this profession?
I would have been a lawyer.

You wish you could…?
Reach the stars and beyond!

The best kind of clients are…?
Who listen to the make-up artist 

The worst kind of clients are…?
Who interfere too much when they know nothing 

You are happiest when?
When I am surrounded by the people I love!

Your favourite look to work on?
So many! Vintage, cat eyes and bridals top my list.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment